- Yeast, Nutrients, Enzymes, Malolactic Bacteria
- Yeast 250 grams & Larger
- Lalvin 71B Yeast 500 grams
Lalvin 71B Yeast 500 grams
- The 71B strain is a rapid starter with a constant and complete fermentation between 15° and 30°C (59° and 86°F) that has the ability to metabolize high amounts (20% to 40%) of malic acid. In addition to producing rounder, smoother, more aromatic wines that tend to mature quickly, it does not extract a great deal of phenols from the must so the maturation time is further decreased.
- The 71B is used primarily by professional winemakers for young wines such as vin nouveau and has been found to be very suitable for blush and residual sugar whites. For grapes in regions naturally high in acid, the partial metabolism of malic acid helps soften the wine.
- The 71B also has the ability to produce significant esters and higher alcohols, making it an excellent choice for fermenting concentrates.
- An excellent choice for blush & residual sugar whites, nouveau & young red wines. Also a good choice for late harvest wines.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae cerevisiae