- Yeast, Nutrients, Enzymes, Malolactic Bacteria
- Yeast 250 grams & Larger
- Lalvin BM45 Yeast 500 grams
Lalvin BM45 Yeast 500 grams
Also available for drop-shipping. If this item is out of stock, please call (707) 255-6372
Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Zinfandel, Nebbiolo, Chardonnay
- Isolated in the early 1990s in collaboration with the Consorzio del Vino Brunello di Montalcino and the University of Siena.
- Produces high levels of polyphenol reactive polysaccharides, resulting in wines with increased mouthfeel and improved color stability.
- Has high nitrogen requirements and can produce H2S under poor nutrient conditions.
- In Italian red varietals, Lalvin BM45TM has sensory descriptors that include fruit jam, rose and cherry liqueurs, sweet spice, licorice, cedar and earthy elements.
Alcohol Tolerance: 15% ABV
Competitive Factor: Yes
Fermentation Speed: Moderate
Malolactic Compatibilty: Below Average
Maximum Temperature: 28°C (82°F)
Minimum Temperature: 18°C (64°F)
Nutrient Demand: High
Species: S. cerevisiae