- Yeast, Nutrients, Enzymes, Malolactic Bacteria
- Yeast 250 grams & Larger
- Pinnacle Cryo Yeast 500 grams
Pinnacle Cryo Yeast 500 grams
Cryo should be used for cold fermentations (10-13°C, 50-55°F) in white grape varietals such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Semillon and Chardonnay. It can be used in tank or barrel fermentations as it produces a low level of foam during fermentation. The result is a varietal white wine with enhanced fruit expression as the aromas are trapped under cold fermentation conditions.
- A strong fermenter at cooler temperatures ranging between 10-13°C (50-55°F), but can reach above 20°C (68°F) if required.
- Alcohol tolerance is up to 14.5% v/v.
- Only low levels of foam are produced with this yeast strain, even at low temperatures.
- A fermentation aid is strongly recommended for low nutrient juices with this yeast.
Standard nitrogen additions via DAP or ammonia will result in successful fermentations with this yeast; however, a complex nutrient is recommended for low nutrient juices to ensure a successful fermentation.