- Yeast, Nutrients, Enzymes, Malolactic Bacteria
- Yeast 250 grams & Larger
- Pinnacle Robust Yeast 500 grams
Pinnacle Robust Yeast 500 grams
Robust should be used for neutral grape varieties when there is a need for the yeast to increase aroma and flavor production. In white wines it produces fruity aromas (banana, pineapple) as well as floral notes (rose petals, violets). In red wines the aromas are more subdued and in line with varietal characteristics of the wine. Most importantly, Robust will reliably ferment difficult juices in extreme conditions, thus adding security of fermentation for the winemaker.
- This yeast has a short lag phase with a wide temperature range between 9-30°C (48-86°F).
- Alcohol tolerance of up to 16% v/v.
- Only small amounts of foam are produced with this yeast, thus allowing tanks or barrels to be filled.
Robust has a low nitrogen requirement and thus no addition of nutrients should be required, unless using a known difficult juice and/or extreme fermentation conditions.