Malolactic Bacteria Lallemand Beta - for 66 Gallons
O. oeni adapted to high SO₂; positive aroma impact
- Enoferm BetaTM was isolated in the Abruzzi wine region in Italy.
- This strain is pH tolerant to 3.2, total SO2 to 60 ppm, temperature to 14ºC(57ºF) and alcohol to 15% (v/v).
- The name Beta comes from its capacity to increase levels of beta-damascenone and beta-ionone which are compounds that contribute floral notes, particularly in Merlot.
- Benefits from the addition of a malolactic nutrient.
- Enoferm Beta is often used in barrel fermented Chardonnay wines.
Recommended for use with: Red, White