- Yeast, Nutrients, Enzymes, Malolactic Bacteria
- Malolactic Bacteria
- Malolactic Bacteria Lalvin VP41 - for 66 Gallons
Malolactic Bacteria Lalvin VP41 - for 66 Gallons
O. oeni adapted to high SO₂ and high alcohol; enhances complexity and mouthfeel
- Lalvin MBR VP41™ was isolated in Italy during an extensive European Union collaboration.
- Chosen for its strong implantation, steady fermentation, and enhanced mouthfeel and wine structure.
- Known strain that has proven effective at high alcohol levels (up to 15.5% v/v), pH above 3.2, and a total SO2 level of 50-60 ppm. In temperatures below 16ºC (61ºF) it is a slow starter but can complete fermentation.
- Both red and white wines fermented with VP41 have increased richness and complexity.
- Lalvin MBR VP41 is often recommended for restarting stuck and sluggish MLF due to its high alcohol and SO2 tolerance.
Recommended for use with: Red, White, Cider