- LABWARE, LAB SOLUTIONS AND SUPPLIES
- Refractometers, pH Meters, SO2 Meters & Test Kits
- Fermentest Tablets (Clinitest Substitute) - 36 Count
Fermentest Tablets (Clinitest Substitute) - 36 Count
If this item shows out of stock, please call or email us, to place your order.
Quick Determination of Reducing Sugars
You can finally use a simple and quick method to determine reducing sugars in must and wine. Fermentest differentiates quickly and easily dry wines from wines with higher sugar content.
A fixed quantity of copper sulfate mixed with alkaline salts in tablet form is added to a known quantity of diluted wine. The mixture creates a temperature increase that causes the typical reaction of reducing sugars. The results are obtained by observing the color resulting from the excess of blue copper salts and/or red copper oxide formed.
- Quick determination of the stage of alcoholic fermentation
- Analysis in less than 1 minute (except for discoloration)
- Clear results thanks to a color chart
- Practical and safe chemical analysis
Measurement range: 0-5g/l of reducing sugars (fermentable and non fermentable)
Sample type: Wines and musts, discolored for red wines
Storage: Room temperature, protected from moisture
Shelf life: 2 years after manufacturing, unopened bottle